- Minimum of 5 years licensed experience in commercial refrigeration, ventilation and heating installation, service and repair work.
- Ability to work with Direct Digital Control systems.
- Ability to identify and order all parts as required to complete HVAC work.
- Ability to braze, silver solder, and work with black iron pipe.
- Ability to diagnose electrical problems on low voltage systems.
- Ability to lay out new piping and make repairs on existing systems.
- Ability to work from ladders and lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Basic arithmetic and measurement skills.
- Ability to diagnose steam trap problems.
- Must have and maintain valid Massachusetts driver's license and daily use of an automobile.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Safely operate power tools and maintenance equipment (e.g. Pro-press).
- Ability to adhere to all University policies and procedures.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write fluently in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (Any of the below):
- Massachusetts refrigeration technician license
- Electrical license.
- EPA recovery license
- Mass Journeyman Plumbing License
- Pipe fitter license.
- Oil burner license.
- Mass Journeyman sheet metal license
- Proficiency in Siemens and/or Schneider Electric or BAS systems
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and BoosterRequirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit theBack2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.