- Minimum 5 years Building Automation programing experience.
- Ability to design and implement graphics in Building Automation Systems.
- Ability to identify and order all parts as required to complete Building Automation System work.
- Ability to diagnose electrical problems on communication loops and low voltage systems.
- Ability to work from ladders and lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Advanced arithmetic and measurement skills.
- Physical ability to tour all areas (use of ladders, stairs; being in confined areas or heights).
- Must have and maintain valid Massachusetts driver's license and daily use of an automobile.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Safely operate power tools and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to adhere to all University policies and procedures.
- Ability to speak, read, understand, and write fluently in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (Any of the below):
- Massachusetts refrigeration technician license
- Electrical license
- EPA recovery license
- Mass Journeyman Plumbing License
- Pipe fitter license
- Oil burner license
- Mass Journeyman sheet metal license
- Ability to program in Schneider Electric Continuum / EcoStruxure, Distech Controls ECnet-4, or Siemens Insight
- Ability to design and implement graphics in Schneider Electric Continuum / EcoStruxure, Distech Controls ECnet-4, or Siemens Insight
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.