The Associate will report to the Head of the Southwest Region for the Office Sector and will assist in evaluating and executing on all aspects of investment strategy including acquisitions, dispositions and asset management in Southern California, Arizona, Nevada, and Texas.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Evaluate the acquisition opportunity for a variety of risk spectrums including core, core-plus, value added, and development opportunities within commercial real estate; extensive Office/Lab product experience highly preferred.
• Assists in the sourcing, underwriting, and offering, negotiating and closing of offices real estate investments which fit the business plans of affiliated and third-party clients- concentration/focus in the Southwest region of the U.S. • Largely responsible for the underwriting, investment committee memo writing, with assistance in contract negotiations (Purchase & Sale, JV’s, leases, etc.)
• Evaluates investment returns based on discounted cash flows, return on cost, IRR, development spreads, third party leverage and joint venture structures. • Assist in the coordination and compliance with all requirements for closing and funding of transactions (including dispositions).
• Pursues market intelligence for the relevant function (property and construction management, new investments and sales) and conducts analysis and makes recommendations supporting the strategic initiatives of Nuveen Real Estate.
• Develops, expands, and maintains external relationships with key market participants, including investment sales/ leasing brokers, architects, property management firms, etc.
• Form and/or strengthen internal relationships with asset management counterparts to successfully transition new acquisitions and help position assets for sale
• Ability and willingness to advocate a reasoned point of view and engage in an honest and fact based debate with senior leadership when appropriate.
• Travel up to 25% will be expected in this role.
2 years of commercial real estate experience
3+ years of commercial real estate experience
Experienced and proficient in Argus Enterprise and Excel. Advanced analytical/reasoning skills to analyze disparate information flows based on market specific practice into a meaningful, relative-value basis.
Ability to work in a team context and under pressure of tight deadlines, uncertain information and with limited resources; ability to manage time efficiently and to adapt to changing priorities as set by senior members of Global Real Estate.
Development and joint venture underwriting experience
Internal Number: R210600467
About Nuveen Real Estate
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com