The Painter reports to the Property Manager and is responsible for painting, finishing and maintaining a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures.Applies paint to the interior and the exterior of apartments and other property facilities; makes sufficient preparation for painting; repairs sheet-rock; cleans out air vents; performs other jobs as needed.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values.Those values include: • Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receives work order or instructions for a paint job or another task; assembles all needed equipment and transports it to the work site; may drive to different properties in the same area.
• Prepares surfaces to be painted; smooth’s surfaces to be painted with sandpaper, brushes, steel wool, etc. and removes old paint with paint remover, scrapers, wire brushes, etc.
• Fills holes in surfaces such as nail holes, cracks, and joints with putty, plaster, or another filler; may wash surfaces before painting.
• Selects paints and/or mixes paints and may add thinners to gain the desired color and texture.
• Removes fixtures and other items from walls; erects scaffolding or sets up ladders as needed.
• Applies paint with brushes, rollers, sprayers, or other standard equipment to walls, ceilings, doors, baseboards, molding, vents, porches, sheds, garages, and other surfaces.
• Cleans up equipment and painted area after completion; replaces fixtures.
• Repairs sheetrock, caulks windows, and cleans air vents as needed.
• Performs the duties of other positions such as Landscape and Make Ready.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED
• Six months of interior and exterior painting experience.
• Thorough knowledge of painting equipment and techniques.
• Ability to read instructions and complete standard paperwork.
• Must have valid driver’s license or immediate means of transportation and ability to travel to multiple properties.
• Knowledge ofpaints such as flats, semi-glosses, oil-based and water-based, and which tools are best to use in each situation
• Ability to work in disagreeable environments including paint fumes and all types of weather
• Ability to understand written and verbal instructions
• Ability to bend, stoop, climb, and other difficult physical motions
• Ability to lift weights of 50 lbs. or above regularly
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace
Internal Number: 24195
About The Hamptons at Hunton Park
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: