The Motion Business is a fast-growing part of Rockwell Automation that develops motion control products such as servo drives, servo motors, and independent cart systems for use in industrial applications. The most common market for these products are in factory automation applications such as packaging machinery, paper converting, printing, web handling, and automated assembly.
Join a global, cross-functional team that provides passionate, world-class service and valued solutions to our customers. We need a Senior Embedded Software Engineer who can work on anomaly resolution (70%), quality improvement (20%), and feature enhancement (10%) projects. The right candidate will have a proven track record of quickly learning complex embedded systems and delivering solutions in a dynamic, fast paced environment. This will involve hands-on work in the laboratory to replicate customer systems, understanding firmware source code, identifying root cause, modifying the source code, testing and validating the features and releasing them for customers. This is a great role for an engineer who enjoys continuous learning and is driven by the immediate impact their work would have on the countless lives of our customers across the globe. There will be plenty of opportunities to grow and showcase your technical and leadership abilities.
Within 1 Month, You'll:
* Meet your new team, located in the USA and Poland.
* Complete the onboarding program, which gives an overview of the tools and process used in our team and the products we own.
* Set up your lab space with Rockwell Automation Controllers, Drives and Motors and gain hands-on experience with our technologies
Within 3 Months, You'll:
* Be familiar with our build tools, development environment and coding practices.
* Work on your first customer-found anomaly, including reproducing the problem, identifying the root cause, designing and implementing a fix and creating a build ready for release.
Within 6 Months, You'll:
* Help resolve a customer-critical anomaly, working directly with Rockwell Automation field engineers and customer representatives.
* Have a well-oiled working pattern established for handling requests from the various teams we interface with, including product management, product quality, productivity and customer technical support.
* Write how-to documents to record your learnings for other engineers to benefit from.
Within 12 Months & beyond, You'll:
* Be a subject matter expert for a particular feature in the code or a particular product.
* Own the planning, implementation, testing and release of a drive firmware product.
* Continue expanding your technical expertise and take on more leadership responsibilities.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
* 5+ years of real-time embedded firmware development using C/C++.
* Experience working in a lab environment including use of firmware debug tools such as a JTAG debugger and laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes.
* Experience analyzing and solving complex problems which involve both firmware and hardware.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience with motion control systems and/or industrial automation products and programming environments.
* Experience in collaborating with cross-functional, global technical teams.
* Has a passion for writing high quality, clean & readable code.
* Quick-learning self-starter who works well with a dynamic team.
* Technical leadership experience.
This position is part of a job family. Experience is the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
Internal Number: R21-5219
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.