AAPL is the land professionâ€™s trusted resource for support, ethical standards of practice, career advancement and legislative advocacy.
We help enhance the integrity, professional standing and earning potential of our members through our Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice and Certification Program.
AAPL membership can be a tremendous asset in moving you toward your professional goals.
AAPL offers various educational programs, workshops and regional institutes for landmen as well as oil and gas professionals.
Donâ€™t miss an opportunity to network with your peers and advance your career.
Weâ€™re committed to keeping our members informed, competitive, and up to date.
My client is an established international commodities trading firm. This role is based in the City of London.
The Risk Manager will be responsible for:
* Configuring and modelling within Openlink software.
* Measuring, monitoring and reporting market, credit and liquidity risks.
* Initiating and managing strategic risk department projects.
* New product control.
* Model validation / conformance testing / regulatory reporting.
* Performing risk assessments.
* Performing monthly price validation and computing reserves.
* Writing and publishing the monthly risk department summary report.
* Supporting the CRO and liaising with the international Risk team and other departments
The Risk Manager will have:
* Extensive knowledge in Physical and Financial Power & Natural Gas.
* Proven quantitative reasoning math and IT skills, ideally in a Financial Services firm or finance-related academic qualification
* Openlink software experience would be ideal but is not a must-have
* Ability to independently problem solve and deliver solutions.
* Organised and able to work to strict deadlines.
* Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
* Management skills required (this role will manage a team of three)
This is a permanent role based in the City of London. The starting salary is £90,000 - 110,000 basic dependent on the chosen candidate's experience.