Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country’s natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You’ll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That’s NJR Life.
NJR Clean Energy Ventures, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources, is seeking Sr. Manager Solar Business Development to meet Clean Energy Ventures’ investment targets through the origination and development of project investment opportunities in the areas of solar, battery storage and other related clean technologies. Identify and manage potential investment opportunities throughout the development cycle including technical and financial analysis, negotiating material documents, closing the sale, customer relationship and strategic account management, and project permitting and approval. Lead cross-functional teams of legal, technical and financial subject matter experts to complete the investment evaluation (due diligence) process, develop financial models, and negotiate and close the transactions. Once the investment is acquired, work closely with project management team to support construction efforts including management of customer and development-related issues. Develop and manage strategic accounts providing innovative clean energy solutions to drive additional investment opportunities. Work closely with Policy and Strategic Initiatives team to monitor competitors, technology providers and government policies to identify future potential investment opportunities and/or impact on existing projects or opportunities.
• Lead/opportunity generation primarily through independent activities including account profiling, cold calls, business networking and other market penetration strategies
• Maintain pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed annual and multi-year development investment goals
• Generate proposals, quotes, and formal RFP responses working closely with customers to understand their energy needs and purchasing drivers
• Lead analysis and development efforts for projects working with cross functional teams including legal, financial, project management and asset management
• Identify and develop relationships with contractors, consultants, manufacturers and other market participants to maintain a pipeline of projects and potential partners
• Manage all aspects of project development including financial and technical analysis, contract development, negotiation and permitting
• Evaluate and maintain current view of market drivers including new technologies, financial incentives, government/regulatory issues and business structures to meet business targets and maintain a competitive position in the industry
• Represent the Company at industry functions and regulatory meetings
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or other applicable discipline is required
• 10 or more years of related work experience in renewable and energy-related project development and investment
• Strong knowledge of renewable project investment including development, markets, economics and technologies
• Demonstrated track record of developing and closing large structured transactions
• Demonstrated ability to source and manage strategic accounts including Fortune 500, state, county and local government agencies
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects at once
• Demonstrated experience in structuring, negotiating and closing transactions including the ability to negotiate power purchase agreements and leases
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with senior executives both internally and in client companies
• Proficient in use of MS Office and other office productivity tools
About NJR Clean Energy Ventures
NJR Clean Energy Ventures (NJRCEV), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources, invests in, owns and operates energy projects that generate clean power, provide low carbon energy solutions and help our customers save energy and money. Projects include both commercial and residential solar system development. As a leading renewable energy investor, NJRCEV is continually seeking to grow its clean energy portfolio and increase its installed capacity.